The Bay Area is filled with things to do if you are attending a conference at the South San Francisco Conference Center. Keeping busy when you have free time means you’ll get to see some of the city’s most cherished places. These are five spots that we recommend checking out before, during or after your conference event.
- Orange Memorial Park: This 22-acre oasis, located in the heart of South San Francisco, is a magnet for locals and tourists alike. The park houses a wide array of amenities, including picnic areas, a playground, a skate park, and tennis courts, making it a perfect spot for family outings. With its community garden, you can get a glimpse of locally grown produce or participate in community planting events. The park’s extensive walking trails, adorned with lush greenery, are a haven for nature lovers and fitness enthusiasts. Each corner of Orange Memorial Park offers an experience that rejuvenates the spirit and encourages community bonding.
- Palace of Fine Arts: A breathtaking architectural wonder nestled amidst the bustling city, the Palace of Fine Arts is a relic of the 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exposition. Its grand dome, reflecting off the serene lagoon, creates a picturesque landscape that enthralls photographers and artists. Inside, the palace’s towering rotunda and intricately detailed colonnades transport you to a bygone era. Despite its tranquil atmosphere, the Palace is very much alive with events, exhibitions, and performances making it a hub of cultural activities. This stunning fusion of history, architecture, and culture is a must-see when in South San Francisco.
- The Golden Gate Bridge: No trip to South San Francisco is complete without a visit to the iconic Golden Gate Bridge. This internationally recognized symbol stretches across the San Francisco Bay, providing breathtaking views of the cityscape and the vast Pacific Ocean. Walking or cycling across the bridge is a thrilling experience, with the salty sea breeze and panoramic vistas creating a sensory feast. As sunset approaches, the bridge bathes in a golden hue, creating a sight that leaves an indelible mark on your memory. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, a photography lover, or a casual traveler, the Golden Gate Bridge is an unforgettable destination.
- Oracle Park: Home to the San Francisco Giants, Oracle Park is more than just a baseball stadium. It’s a venue where sports, entertainment, and panoramic views converge. The stadium, strategically located on the San Francisco Bay, offers stunning views of the water and the city skyline. Inside, the electrifying atmosphere of a live baseball game is an experience like no other. However, Oracle Park isn’t only for baseball fans. With its top-notch restaurants, captivating behind-the-scenes tours, and special events like concerts, it promises a memorable experience for everyone.
- Exploratorium: South San Francisco’s Exploratorium is where curiosity meets fun. This modern, interactive museum turns science learning into an exciting adventure. With hundreds of exhibits covering topics from physics to psychology, you’re encouraged to touch, play with, and question everything. Highlights include the Tactile Dome, where you navigate a pitch-black labyrinth using only touch, and the outdoor installations that blend art with science. The Exploratorium offers a one-of-a-kind experience that sparks creativity and nurtures a lifelong passion for learning, making it a must-visit for both young and adult explorers.
South San Francisco is a vibrant city that offers something for every kind of traveler. Whether you’re drawn by the allure of the outdoors, the thrill of sports, the enchantment of history, or the wonders of science, this city won’t disappoint.